<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 03, 2024

 Two weeks ago Warren sent me a message to tell me his husband Paul had died unexpectedly. Paul was one of the early group of gay bloggers and podcasters. I visited with him several times when I was in the DC area. We made a lemon meringue pie together one time, I well remember his worry about cleanup (his place was immaculate). During a podcast he ate a blueberry for charity (Paul had ARFID, an avoidant food intake disorder). He screamed when he discovered blueberries had seeds inside. We had a good time with that.

The last time I saw him in person was in 2006. We went to the US Botanical Gardens together and then to a winery with his then boyfriend, later husband Warren. At the wineries I pretended to know more about wine than I actually did. We followed each other on social media and I always sent him a Homer-made holiday card (he requested no glitter).

Paul and Homer.

He was one of the nicest men I have ever met, a real pleasure to be around. I feel so sad for Warren, I hope he finds some comfort in the memories they had together.





‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus